New Nissan models like the 2017 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Nissan Sentra, and 2017 Nissan Altima all feature the Nissan Intelligent Safety Shield® suite of safety technologies, which monitor driving conditions, respond to potential or imminent problems, and then protect the passengers inside the vehicles in the case of an accident.
It’s a fantastic suite of safety features, and they go a long way toward protecting Calgary, AB drivers, but the reality is that how those vehicles are driven matters just as much as the safety features that have been engineered and included in the automobiles.
Knowing that, here are a few quick tips for driving safely:
- Pay attention to the road, not your cellphone.
- Set your climate control, navigation and/or radio before putting the vehicle into “drive.”
- Keep items you need within easy reach so you don’t have to perform dangerous maneuvers while moving to access them.
- Tether cargo in your vehicle so a surprise shift doesn’t interrupt your attention while driving.
- Don’t let kids fight or climb around the car. They should be buckled at all times, for their safety and for yours.
- Work in stop times for eating. It doesn’t take long to eat a quick burger in a parking spot before hitting the road again.
- Drive defensively. Be aware of your fellow drivers and anticipate their actions.
As your local Nissan dealership in Calgary, AB, we want our drivers to be as safe as possible while traversing Canadian roads. Yes, Nissan Intelligent Safety Shield helps, but we also expect drivers to be responsible behind the wheel to further decrease the probability of an accident. Keep your eyes on the road, be aware of your surroundings, and safety shouldn’t be too hard to achieve!